Parents & Friends Association
The Parents and Friends Association meets in the Monastery in Coláiste Rís on the first Monday of each month at 8.00p.m.The meetings are friendly and informal and are a great way to meet other parents and keep in touch with the latest news and events in the school.We invite all parents to come along and you will be most welcome. The meetings lastapproximately one hour.
The objective of the Association is to provide a forum for parents to become involved in the development of school/parent relationship and to build effective partnership between home and school in the following ways:
- To encourage parents participation in promoting the wellbeing and interests of the school.
- To inform and consult with parents regarding school plans and activities.
- To organise Information Nights/Courses on topics of interest to parents.
- To assist in fundraising for essential school developments which will enhance the education and well being of students.
- To inform parents of developments in education.
- To organise and assist at Social occasions in the school throughout the year.
In recent years the Parents and Friends Association has been very active and enthusiastic in organising Fundraising Events.We have run Christmas and Easter Draws, held Table Quizzes and are at present organising a Flag Day on 30 April.Last year we held a very successful St. Patrick’s Eve Concert in the Town Hall and a very enjoyable evening was had by all.We raise much needed funds for various projects in the school which enhance the education of the students.
The Parents and Friends Association has also organised many interesting Information Nights for parents. Guest speakers have given presentationson a wide range of topics, Drug and Alcohol Awareness, Bullying, Dangers of the Internet, Parenting your child for success at school to name but a few. These Information Nights are a great forum for parents to exchange ideas about how to cope with the many challenges facing parents of teenagers today.
New members are always welcome. Hope to see you at a meeting soon!